PCC’s year-long intensive child psychotherapy course provides a perspective on the relationship between psychoanalytic theory and the nature of human development. The course introduces psychoanalytic psychotherapeutic theory and technique for working with infants, children and adolescents from an Object Relations Model.
PCC’s unique approach:
- Gives attention to major developmental phases from prenatal life through adolescence
- Elaborates specific states of mind that accompany each developmental phase
- Builds on the work of Klein, Bion, Winnicott, Tustin, Meltzer and others
- Includes readings from the London Tavistock Clinical Series
- Is a window into central theoretical and clinical components of PCC’s training programs
- Correlates theory with clinical application in all seminars.