The sequence of seminar courses is designed to develop the essential components of an object relations perspective in conducting a psychoanalytically-oriented psychotherapy. All courses integrate the clinical and theoretical aspects of the subject matter, using clinical examples from the instructors and students.
Essential features of the progression of study are:
- First encounters with the patient
- Emerging transference and countertransference configurations
- Unconscious communication of phantasy and projective identification
- Special emphasis on unconscious phantasy in dreams.
- Understanding primitive and infantile aspects of the patient’s personality